linkzorz

--> Current release (9.2) <--

Translate

Monday 2 September 2013

Work on RCV 7.5 is in progress, do not think I forgot.

Basically it works. ~436 MB so far, but it will grow larger, much larger.
Whats left is:
1. Maps. Basically all of them got some kind of rework due to introduction of 8.0 advanced graphics and physics.
2. Sound. As always something is wrong with sound. WG did craptastic job with it. >.<
3. Testing. Heck lot of it. But with about 1450 of them I should be able to view all maps.

And here is the proof:

Notice invisible buildings and other visual errors as map is from ~8.0 (might as well be pure 8.7, it is just result of all RCC packages stacked to mimic 8.0).
Sadly I was unable to replicate such battle during TD marathon.







Hey ho manual labor.

Maps of 7.5 weights 2.63 GB, Maps of 8.0 are at 2.87GB, difference between them is in 1.94GB.
Usually I just provided  output of diff-check for maps, RCV 7.5 will either be very fat or trimmed with a lot of manual work. I expected that, but it is still way to fat in my opinion. So yeah...
Manual labor for the win. Nothing beats celebrating Labor day than manual labor!

No comments:

Post a Comment