linkzorz

--> Current release (9.2) <--

Translate

Wednesday 18 September 2013

Idea and purpose of Comment Section on RCP blog.

If you followed my RCP threads on craptastic NA forum, I often attempted to turn them into knowledge base, fully answering to all properly asked RCP related questions even if it meant repeating myself (which I do not like to do).

After migrating to Blog I limited my RCP related activity on official forum to bare minimum because moderators gone crazy.
You can find me on WotLabs forum and communicate with me in corresponding RCP thread, but mind that moderation on that forum is very good and not forgiving. Idiots tend to disappear very quickly.



I have no intention of creating RCP related forum as it will be pointless for following reasons:


  • I am a tyrant and despot. There is no discussion, what I say here is truth even if you think its invalid. User opinion does not matter.
  • I have no interest in moderating forums, and using external moderators is poisonous for community.
  • I am not interested in content of your replays. I make RCP, you say if it works or not. That is all I care about.
  • Bug report is efficient enough by following release threads on other forums and comment section of this blog itself.
  • I hate stat whoring. On WoT and its replays related forum it will exists for sure. I will allow only two kinds of superiority on this Blog: Good manners, which can be only shown by having good manners, and RCP knowledge, in which I am indisputable overlord.


For that reasons I wish to use Comments system as simple replacement.
Which leads me to announce follow:

Comment section will be very heavily moderated.
Only on-topic comments are allowed.
Remember also that I can, and will, remove anything that I will find not to my liking. I am the only authority here.
Messages breaking my rules will fully disappear. No "comment has been deleted" as sign of repercussions.
There is no need for it as I will state it clearly: My  blog - My rules. Not to your liking? Get the fuck out then.

Following kinds of posts will be removed at sight without second thoughts given, reasons will be separated in sections to clarify my point on view on etiquette in Internet.

Idiotic behavior, breach of good manners and ignoring "netiquette".


  • 1st, 2nd, donkeys and all comments on this moronic topic. Go take a race, there places matter.
  • Grammar nazi posts. I do not care for small grammar errors, typos and simplification of form as long as message is readable and its content is good. Want to be a scholar saving the world? Become a teacher.
  • Spam, grieving and any personal attacks, even on grievers themselves. Keep it clean.
  • Self-elected police - I check comment section almost daily and it is up to me to keep this Blog a clean place.


Accusations without proof and/or information.


  • Failed bug reports. You know the drill, "screenshot or it did not happen". Although short reports with information on bug triggers are fine. For example: "8.5, Ruinbergm D1, incorrect landscape", "8.3, Murovanka, Maus, not loading.".
  • Problems of people that have clearly not read How-To guide. There is a reason for its existence, go and read it.
  • Random shit-talking.


Information noise.


  • Intentionally misleading answers for questions of other users. Such will be deleted at sight with addition of ban-hammer. No lies allowed.
  • Incorrect information/answers: if you do not know for sure, do not answer at all. Leave it to me. Feel free however to point users to How-To guide and/or other posts that contain answers.
  • Information existing already in article. Instead educate, in good manners of course, masses that commenting should happen after reading whole article thoroughly, not before. 
  • Duplicate posts. Nothing to explain here.
  • Correction posts. " *[correct word] ", instead publish your post again after corrections. Old post will be deleted when sighted, you may additionally mark it with answer "Delete. Grammar errors.".
  • Discussion of moderation actions. If someone breaks or disputes rules, do not bother answering. Such posts will be removed at sight together with all answers.

1 comment: