linkzorz

--> Current release (9.2) <--

Translate

Thursday 31 October 2013

RCP for 8.9 released

Content Deprecated

New release of RCP will appear "soon"
In order to use RCP for 8.9 you will need 8.9 game client. You can find it here.





Replay Compatibility Pack for 8.9

Current compatibility:

Version Core functions Maps Audio GUI Tank models
8.8 Full Full Full Full None
8.7 Full Full Full Full None
8.6 Full Full Full Full None
8.5 Full Full Full Minor bugs None



Installation & Usage

1. Use Package Manager to equip yourself in RCP
- For properly RCS packages you need all their versions down to one you wish to watch. For example, to watch 8.6 replay on 8.9 client you need packages for 8.8, 8.7 and 8.6, but no 8.5.
-RCC packages are cascading. If you are using packages for 8.6, you need packages of same names from 8.7 and 8.8 as well. (I will add automated filling to Manager later on)
- Be sure to get (if available) following packages: gui, misc, res, shaders, shared_content and res_bw. 
- All Maps packages are fully optional, however to watch replay properly you need packages of map said replay was recorded on. By default game places internal map name in replay name, same internal map names are used when naming packages, so for "20131020_1533_usa-M7_med_04_himmelsdorf.wotreplay" you need 04_himmelsdorf packages. Remember that RCC packages are cascading as shortly explained above.
- Tank models packages are fully optional as well, I will add them later on but you might want to ignore them as they will be of very heavy weight and almost no effect except for occasional minor graphical change. After I will gather list of tanks which models really did change (size, turret moved forward or even full remodel) they will be released in their own packages.

2. Use Paths (re)generator to set up RCP with your client
- As you might notice, RCP is currently modeled to make use of any client while being fully separated from it. This result in RCP being fully non-intrusive, no modifications to your current game client are made.
- What can I write here? You will find guide after following link I placed above.
- Oh no! Someone is reading this! That can't be true!
- Are you really still reading this?
- So... do you read licenses as well before accepting them?

3. Use RCP
- Application for easy use of RCP will be created later on, so far you are stuck with old method.
- Navigate to RCP directory, by default it will be "c:\games\RCP".
- And open in other window replays directory, by default it should be "c:\games\worldoftanks\replays"/
- Remember to select proper RCV for your replay, otherwise you will encounter graphical or even technical bugs. Automatic detection will be added later, together with next RCP Tools - Launcher and Player.

That's how RCP directory should look like
And that's how you use drag&drop to watch replay
4. Possible issues:
-Version 8.6 and older RCV might have no sound and/or battle messages. If so, it will be patched later on after appropriate patching system will be created. 

5. Do you want to know more? If not, you may stop reading here. Following content is for advanced and/or curious users.
- Antivirus is screaming? Might happen. RCPm Package Manager is downloading and using "unzip.exe", it is compiled by me from original source code, which you might find here. It is used to extract RCV package, which contains Worldoftanks.exe from previous WoT releases. So you get program that is downloading a program in order to extract a program. Some AV software might find it fishy.
- Why unzip.exe? Easiest way to keep compatibility with Windows XP / Linux+Wine is to limit myself to .NET 3.5, which leaves me without full .zip support that came in .NET 4.
- Why .NET? Because it is easier and faster to write application in it than C++, Delphi died and Java sucks.
- Why RCP uses English client files? Because I do not have any other at hand, and if someone can't understand basic English, then he/she/it should move that lazy ass and learn it, its easy mode language I learned it just by playing video games so do not even try to say that it is hard.
- Manual download? Be my guest.
- How RCP works? Hard to describe it in one line, closest estimate would be: set of cascading reverse patches. Find my threads on NA forum, but be fast as some of them got obliterated by horrible moderating team. I might write a story about insides of RCP later on here if I will be bored.
- Copyright stuff? I can only claim copyrights for RCP Tools, as I wrote them myself and they are fully freeware, anything else that I might made on my own is to simple to claim any rights for it (I am not Apple ;)). Rest of RCP content have various owners, mostly it will be Wargaming.net as I only re-packed their data packages from various versions of World of Tanks. Some dll's have other owners as they are just re-used by WG, but as far as I know, nothing stands against copying them around. Especially since RCP is game related project.
- Re-packing, re-uploading, spreading the word etc? Under two rules: 1. I am the hero of the day. 2. Do not break it.
- Modifying RCP packages? As long as you know how to do it properly you might create and publish your own.
- Mods in RCP? They are possible, look into RCV\X.Y\res_mods. Place mods directly there (no 0.X.Y directory)
- Full old game client? Find me file hosting that will hold ~5GB in single file and I might consider uploading it.

17 comments:

  1. thanks alot dude! amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow 8.8 replays work fine but 8.7 and 8.6 replays doesn't work.
    The progressbar in Wot has finished, but the replay doesnt't start.

    Please help me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen, that the problem maybe just occured on himmelsdorf in a t18 match, but in over replays the crosshair was in the left corner and i couldn't see through bushes. As i said 8.8 replays are working great but 8.7 doesnt :/

      Delete
  3. I see only black screen. I am trying to watch 8.6 replay http://wotreplays.com/site/250401#.UoEZepTwLig

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, when the client starts, it says 8.9 is the top left corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. May I ask you some hints? I have the same problem as mavwolverine: It loads but I get a black screen.

    I have downloaded all the maps to make it sure it wasnt that the problem, I have the batch files deleted and recreated (to make sure there was no mistake there). I'm trying to watch an 8.7 replay, I downloaded 8.8 to 8.9 - 8.7 to 8.8 and 8.6 to 8.7 (As good measure).

    BUt still nothing. :( Files are placed in C/games/world of tanks/RCP, also put a copy of that replay inside 8.7 / replay folder of RCP.

    Starts with no mistakes of compatibility but then black screen. I am a bit lost, could you help me please?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the same issue....I can't watch my 8.7 replays :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, I fixed the issue, to do that do as follow:

    . Clear out the .bat riles you have eventually created
    . Start RCP downloader
    . Make sure you have acquired the files gui, misc,res,res_bw, shaders, etc
    - Eventually you can also download the related map

    My issue was because I did not have gui and res_bw for 8.7, now it works perfectly.

    Thanks a lot for this great tool :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.S: obviously you have to then create new .bat files, forgot about it but it should be obvious ;-)

      Delete
  8. This is really fantastic, thanks for all your hard work.

    I'm having some trouble with 8.9 though. does the RCP Download Manager only download packages for the /RCC directory? There used to be executables such as "RCS 8.6@8.7.exe", etc. that installed under the /RCV directory, but there is no mention of these for the 8.9 release. where can i find the appropriate packages for /rcc/8.8 and others?

    ReplyDelete
  9. specialsmith02/01/2014, 08:24

    Hi. First of all, thank you for the great work. Totally needed and I just love it. User interfaces don't even have to be better than now. Of course it would be a plus to have polished GUI, but not a necessity!

    I have one problem, and I have feeling that many here share it with me.Some 8.7 replays (or at least one I would desperately want) do not play. The one I tried was from date 21.8.2013. I tried couple around it and they play well. I'm trying to guess what might give me this problem, but don't know yet at least. Like others have said, mine also hangs after the load in the player list view.

    Some attributes I remember about this replay (if any help...):
    Map: Murovanka
    Tank: SU-85B
    Played in platoon with two friends

    I had time to try just few different replays, but one thing I noticed was that none of the playing ones were platoon matches...

    ReplyDelete
  10. download button wtf ??? where

    ReplyDelete
  11. My replays from the 8.11 ver. are'nt working on the actual 9.0 ver. Is this compatibility pack going to help ?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have the same problem and i am despered. All my best replays from 8.11 are crashing after ca 2 min. I beg your help xD

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am not the only one with this issue. http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/383236-replays-prior-to-90-ctd-after-2-minutes/page__p__7936403#entry7936403

    ReplyDelete