linkzorz

--> Current release (9.2) <--

Translate

Tuesday 10 September 2013

Awaiting for 8.8.. recollection from past.

As 8.8 is live on RU server already, it is only matter of days til it will be available for NA I started groundwork for RCP 8.8 (I need 8.8 NA client to compare it with 8.7 NA client to port RCP to 8.8).
While doing so I toke my time to enjoy old screenshots.
Back to 7.1 I have it all neatly sorted by version, but older ones are just bundled together, however I may be able to name patch (or era) by content.

Enough babbling, lets take a walk into the past.


8.7 - the patch with nothing. Well, except British arty.

LTP has arrived.

AT-2 is still slow:




8.6 - Premium shells nerf! Yay!

Scouting? I do it in heavy tank.

Told you.

Screw cHEATs, 152mm HE is weapon of true man.

Pubbies. Pubbies never change. Failure was strong in enemy team.

Cap fast bitches! Or: Why Encounter sucks.


WTF OMG HACKS!
I have no idea how, but I raped everything.
Although without those Slow Pershings holding the line it would not be possible.
Sadly it was before light tank marathon.

8.5 - 2nd German medium line. And some Soviet OP shit.

20km/h? I scout anyway.
Well, I just parked on ridge and enabled Binocs.
Imagine that this map was once for all tiers
Only map where artillery could get scout without moving out of base.

Armor? Angle? Hull down?
Screw you, eat HE.

Pubbies. Pubbies never change.


8.4 - Tea pot destroyers


Guess what I did.

If your tank sucks, if you hate it, just get binocs and find a bush.

8.3 - 2nd Soviet Tech Tree!

It was so uneventful update that I do not have even one screenshot.
Well. Lets make some then. I have few replays marked as interesting from that update.

Its the battle known as: "The most fucked match ever".

No one went North, not even enemy team. Pubbies. >.<

So I went there to catch Canadian.

And suddenly CampPanther! I slapped it in face and decided to RUUUUUUUUUUUN!

Still running away.

Oh, its still after me.

Oh hi Canadian!

I magically absorbed HE with gun barell/mantlet.

Nerd rage is required part of funny battle.

Well. Shit.

Time to save the base... but whats that dot on minimap?

Wow. It is still trying to catch me.

Still trying.

Sadly Panther was trying hard enough to not make me reach base in time. :/

Its 8.3 so it won't work in 8.7... unless you will use RCpack.
I made those screenies using RCpack myself, so yeah, it works just fine.

8.2 - Murican hedium line. Yet another boring update.

How to grind Slwochill?
Wait for x5 and spam gold.

KV-2 as over powered as always.

VK 2801 before WG decided to nerf it to hell and back.

8.1 - Teapot tech tree.


Teapots have arrived!

They keep coming!

Derps. Derps never change.

When MM gives you potatoes, you make salad out of them.

Worthy of mentioning is that my platoon mate in ARL was still stock.
(I was winning him x2's)

For freedoooooom!

8.0 - PHYSICS! Also 2nd soviet land arty line.



Although xp scores do not looks like, my team won.
Tho it is heavily bordering with "I won".
(Old) Malinovka defense, I died horribly after running out of ammo.
Also I killed Garbad in that battle.

How to passive scout on Live Oaks? Hide in house.

Yay for floating engine.

Which was impossible for me to research as visible on state of my tech tree.

And here you see Pershing with 105mm derp gun. (Sherman one).
Ain't it cute?

7.5 - Tier X mediums and TD's. Also ELC.


First hint of World of Failplanes

And World of Submarines.

7.4 - Assault and Encounter. Also French arty and landarty.

Thats how real man starts T25-AT grind

Failplatoon time!
Lowe, Grille and MS-1. In tier 9 battle.
Lowe sniped the hell out of enemy.
Grille raped them to death. (if you see Ronson in artillery, go find big rock).
And I... I kicked BatChat butt hard enough to make it run away.
And then I proceeded to rape Pershing that tried to protect Batsie.

Ever wondered what Luchs could do as tier 3?
Now you know.

And what about Pz38H "Mini Maus" in good old days?

7.3 - Freebies! Soviet Tech Tree overhaul!

Shit.
I went there to jump on enemy rear, and found their fronts.

And that's how you grind King.
No gold involved. Just patience.

Real men do not cry when his on bottom.

Thats how real men scores ace tanker.
Gold spamming seal clubbers are pussies.

Ramhawk asked for screenshot with him.
Thats best I found.

If you ever wondered: B1 (or B2) can damage KV hull.
There is thin strip of thin armor right where I shot.

You either go insane by driving B1 or you have fun.

I picked fun.

7.2 - Freebies! US heavy line overhaul.

"They have enough T34's for Megatron and his sword."
(I was in Type to earn credits for ammo for T34 in order to earn credits)

Whats interesting here?
Not much. Except Tier KV killing IS-7.
Real men wants old match making back.

Oh look! Komarin! It's coming back in 8.8. :)

And another one to please Ramhawk.

And thats my T34 I got for free.
Perks of being old timer. ;)

How much tanks can one arty put behind one rock?
A heck lot.

7.1(.1) - Frenchies!



Papa KV-3 is ready to bring presents.

Oh look! Tier X T30.

Oh look! A Swamp! It is also coming back in 8.8.

Never enough badges.

Long before Physics, a T1 could prevent Maus from pushing destroyed tanks by just parking on other side.
It sucked.

Oh look! T34 as tier IX standard heavy tank.

One of my first MM vomits battles.

Type 59 in Tier X battle.
7.1 was horrible update for 59, its match making spread was set up to tier X for test.
It was quickly changed back to old +1 as it was very bad idea.

Oh look! Unbeatable Type 59 zerg team!

Well. Shit happens.

Cavalry is here!

Ignore CW stuff, look at this pure tech tree.

And thats how you protect artillery with nazi gray box.
When duty calls, you go out and die.
Whining is not leading to winning.

7.0 - "Added animated birds on several maps."

Rest will come later. I got tired.




7 comments:

  1. No pics with me?

    Sad Ramhawk :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I will find one in older versions.
      If not, I always have all my old replays at hand. :>
      I am downloading 8.8 full archive now to prepare RCP for 8.8 so I am digging back into screenies.

      Delete
    2. Well, guess what. I found you. :>
      Check out updated version.

      Delete
    3. Is there a RCP for Patch 8.8? Because i want to Replay my Replays of Patch 8.7...If yes, where can i find and install/download it and how does it work?

      Delete
    4. Not yet. Just look on page header from time to time.
      Currently it says:
      "Work on RCP 8.8 in progress. Plase wait."
      When it will be done, it will change.
      Current Version link will be changed together with it to point out to 8.8 release.

      Delete
  2. God that LeFH was/is terrible...

    ReplyDelete